16 Ιουλ 2009

Ας μας ψιθυρίσει η αφυπνιστική μουσική δύο λογάκια...

Wishbone Ash – Warrior (album: Argus)

Time will pass away,
Time will guard our secret.
I'll return again
To fight another day.

I'd have to be a warrior
A slave I couldn't be
A soldier and a conqueror,
Fighting to be free.

Iron Maiden - Alexander the Great (album: Somewhere in time)

Near to the east
In a part of ancient Greece
In an ancient land called Macedonia
Was born a son
To Philip of Macedon
The legend his name was Alexander

At the age of nineteen
He became the macedon king
And he swore to free all of Asia Minor

Manilla Road - Stand of the Spartans (album: Gates of Fire)

In the wake of the sea
Victorious the Athenian fleet
Stand at Thermopile
With King Leonides (σ.σ. ωχ...)

The Persian horde is come

Stand of the Spartans

Holy Martyr - Hellenic Valour (album: Hellenic Warrior Spirit)

Fighting side by side
Closing all the ranks
Marching on, smashing on
No mercy for the foes

Sons of Heracles
Blessed by the Gods
Bravest men of all
Always fighting full of Valour

Ancient Rites - Thermopylae (album: Rubicon)

Sons of Laconia, under Lycurgian Law
300 noblemen, ancient world in Awe
Facing Xerxes Might, no hope for Victory
Still Persian blood coloured the Aegian Sea

Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Manowar - Achilles, Agony and Ecstasy in Eight Parts, Part VI: Death Hector's Reward (album: Triumph Of Steel)

Coward in the grip of fear, no valor to uphold
Cut into the earth, with honor long been sold
For all shall come to know me, as they fall unto their knees
Zeus the Thunderer, control my destiny

Blood and fire death and hate,
your body I will desecrate
Dogs and vultures eat your flesh
the Hall of Hades waits
Die...

Ancient Rites - Fatherland (album: Fatherland)

I watch the rivers
Turn into Gold
Under a genial sun
When snow capped forests
Create visions larger than life
Then I realise where I belong
My eyes have seen the continents
The beauty of foreign civilisations
An uncontrollable desire forces me to wander
Yet echoes of melancholy and remembering
The splendour being mine (make me turn home)
Where castles and towers are the sole mountains
And father time seems to have less grip
Where castles and towers are the sole mountains
There my land can be found

I turn home.... Always turn home
I turn home.... Always turn home
Fatherland! I always turn to my Fatherland!
Fatherland! Keep on coming to my Fatherland!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: